This home test requires a simple pin pick to collect four drops of blood which are placed on the blotter provided, allowed to dry for 30 minutes and then mailed to the laboratory for testing. Results are available online. Details of how to access your results on line are emailed to you on receipt of your blood spot sample. Results are also returned by mail. You will receive your results within 7-10 working days. This test is not available to residents of California or New York state. We ship to all other states and countries.
The kit contains a complete set of instructions.
What you have to do:
1) Wipe finger tip to be used with alcohol pad and allow to dry
2) Remove clear cap from lancet and position the red end against the fingertip (nick the finger slightly off center as shown on the instruction card)
3) Press the lancet firmly until it clicks
4) Quickly wipe away the first blood of drop with the sterile gauze pad
5) Position lanced finger over the blood spot card and gently milk blood from the finger
6) As a blood drop forms, and is ready to fall, touch the blood drop to the center of the circle
7) Collect only one drop per circle. Usable drops must be about 1cm wide and saturate through the
filter paper. Four drops of blood must be collected- if you have trouble collecting enough blood, choose another finger and continue using the second lancet. Please note that the blotter provided can collect up to 12 spots of blood. Only four are needed for the Vitamin D test.
8) Let spots air dry for at least 30 minutes. Once dry, close the flap over the blood spots.
9) Print name and collection date on the blood spot card
10) Place blood spot card and completed requisition form in the bag provided, and send by first class mail to the address provided on the return envelope: ZRT Laboratories, 8605 SW Creekside Place, Beaverton. OR 97008 USA
11) On receipt of your sample the lab with e mail you instructions on how to access your results on line. You will also receive a hard copy of the results in the mail
12) You will have your results in about one week in the US and in about 7-10 working days in the rest of the world
Written recommendations and analysis are included with the results.